Fletcher's Ramblings

I actually began this thing a couple of years ago when I thought it was worth having to post my political views. In the past couple of months I've decided expressing political opinions are just too tedious and tend to make enemies faster than friends. On occasion there will possibly be a political jab or two, but overall, I just want this place to be a venue for reading. Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Responsibility

Responsibility - © Kent Fletcher
November 29, 2006

Every now and then I get an email from a fellow up the road from me. Today I got this one:

Today's Topic - PRINCIPLE: Responsible (Principles are basic truths that, when applied, cause success to come to you easier and quicker.)

To take responsibility for your own life is one of the most freeing things you can do. When you have accepted that your life is yours, when you get that the way your life turns out is up to you, when you realize you are at the center of your own life, only then can you be free.

Don't blame others, or yourself. Don't complain. Don't equivocate. Don't whine.

Make your choices. Speak your truth. Ask for what you want. Accept responsibility, completely, totally, and without exception.

Then, include others, especially others who have accepted responsibility for their own lives.

Coaching Point: Are you responsible?

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO A FRIEND. Thanks. Copyright 2006 Steve Straus. All rights reserved.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To subscribe or unsubscribe, click here
www.StrausUSA.com/subscribe.htm then enter your email address.

Steve Straus
A Coach for highly successful people -- since 1987
195 Panorama Cir., Pottsboro, Texas 75076 USA
903-786-4786
http://www.StrausUSA.com

I can't agree more with this particular email. Accepting my own fate, my own station in life because of how I've lived my life has made me as free as anyone I know, and in a lot of cases a lot freer than most.

I messed up a lot of things in my life during my 55 or so years of consciousness, and it is I who has borne the brunt of it all. Sure there are some things I could have done better, stated better, acted better, but I didn't and I suffered for those faults. However, I accept the responsibility of all my actions, right, wrong, or indifferent.

I am the product of my parents' lifestyles to a point, of my superiors in the Navy to a point, and to my God's teachings to a point. But I am also the product of my own actions for the most part, and I've accepted the responsibilities of those actions, good or bad.

I've also learned the hard way that telling the truth in all cases possible is as freeing as take responsibility. To lie, to fib, to go around something instead of facing it head-on, is not being responsible for my actions. But to tell the truth, to be frank, to be positive and unrelenting just makes my life so much easier, so much less painful.

Ain't life grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home