Fletcher's Ramblings

I actually began this thing a couple of years ago when I thought it was worth having to post my political views. In the past couple of months I've decided expressing political opinions are just too tedious and tend to make enemies faster than friends. On occasion there will possibly be a political jab or two, but overall, I just want this place to be a venue for reading. Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Act Of Faith

Act Of Faith: To Believe The End Is A Beginning - © Kent Fletcher
November 8, 2006

Funny how the title just popped into my head just now, as I was pondering jotting down my thoughts about the Republican fiasco which I think has gelled pretty solidly today. I picked the title up in a Chinese fortune cookie while I was stationed in Norfolk in the late 80s, and it holds true even today.

First off, let me tell you how I voted, yesterday. If there was a Libertarian listed, he or she got my vote. If nothing other than Republican or Democrat was offered, I voted Republican. And in one instance I actually voted kinky, Kinky Friedman, that is, as another manner of protest. I nearly forgot something - I did vote Democrat once yesterday, for a feller who has helped the Veterans in his district far and away more than anyone else, 43 included. All said and done, I did vote, and now I have the right to complain down the road for at least the next two years.

I've been watching several blogs, folks who were on top of the ball all the way down the line. Several had predicted dire circumstances for the Republicans, others only cautious awareness. As it turns out, the dire circumstances have prevailed. As you should already know, the House of Representatives has moved left to the Democrats, and the Senate is still undecided, last I heard or read, but also leaning left. Wait, I just heard/read that Webb has defeated Allen in Virginia, although a recount is likely, very likely.

I know I've argued this fact before, that 43 was elected fair and square twice, regardless of what the Democrats and other disgruntled people across the nation have vouched. Because of the questionable tactics, dirty tricks, out-right lies and condescension used by the winning party, there has been no end to the disgrace the Presidency has put upon itself, in power legitimately or not. It's as if the losing party did not use their own tactics, dirty tricks, out-right lies and condescension to get at least what they got.

As 43 so ineloquently stated this afternoon, the Republicans got "thumped." I would say they got hammered, with a ball-peen hammer, at that. The Republicans lost their focus long enough for the Democrats to rally and take back what they lost way back when Newt Gingrich was around. Remember that time? I do, although I wasn't so caught up in politics then, and didn't really care.

I suppose my entrance into politics began several years ago, shortly after 43 decided to invade Iraq on the basis of claimed Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) among other things. With all the build up and sword rattling by 43, Saddam had more than ample time to hide, destroy, or move said WMDs, and I seriously doubt the US will ever know for sure what was or what should have been.

Regardless, the fact remains the US is still entangled in Iraq, if there is NOT a civil war going on, I wonder how they classify the killings of Iraqis, oh, no, it's sectarian violence, a.k.a. civil war. The way I see it, the US will be in-country until someone either tells the troops to go for it with whatever it takes to get the job done, or the Democrats under Pelosi turn tale and run. Then the "paper tiger" nuance will be set in stone. After all, there was dancing in the streets in the Middle East today after the Republican debacle was declared.

I'm really tired now, physically from fighting with the danged toilet problem earlier today, as well as mentally for all the posturing, rhetoric, claims and counter-claims made in the interests of politicians and laymen alike. Act Of Faith: To Believe The End Is A Beginning. That about wraps up this note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home